Self Directed IRA Investment Expert….a true DIVA!
We had such a great group coaching call tonight….partly because of the topic, which is self directed IRAs…..but mainly because I had Kaaren Hall as my guest on the call. Kaaren is the president of UDirect IRA (udirectira.com/ FB: self-directed iras) & talk about the real estate industry being a man’s world….Kaaren took life & business head on & look at her now, one of the top Custodians in the self directed IRA industry. Fear was not an option & it was amazing to listen to Kaaren tonight, as she shared with us, her background & what it took to get to where she’s at today. I actually caught alot of that when we met up in Sacramento, when Kaaren was on her way back to Orange County, where her office is at.
From being in radio for 17 years (seems almost in a different lifetime!) to getting involved in the real estate industry to mortgage lending, Kaaren definitely has this niche cornered: self directed IRAs. To most, it’s confusing & scary…to convert your account to a self directed IRA….and Kaaren’s company, UDirect, can alleviate alot of that fear & make it a smooth transition to a different side of IRAs.
It doesn’t matter whether you are investing in residential real estate or commercial real estate, everyone can learn from Kaaren’s talk tonight.
Here’s a quick recap:
- Getting a self directed IRA: it’s a 3-Step Process: Open, Fund, Invest
>Open: within 1 day, you will get your unique account number & login info
>>Fund: To get the account funded, you can 1) write a check, 2) Transfer an IRA or 3) rollover an account, ie, 401K. This step can take up to 2 weeks.
>>>Invest: Choose your investment vehicle, ie, a single family home, a commercial property & fund the project!
- IRS.gov: Pub 590 form: http://www.irs.gov/publications/p590/index.html
This form essentially tells you everything you need to know about self directed IRAs & the latest & greatest new rules & regs.; it also has a table of contents so that you can find your topic easily.
- Did you know?
Did you know that self directed IRAs have been around since the 70s….but is only now trending?! When I found out that UDirect is above the rest of the competition in terms of pricing & customer service, it really is a no brainer….when you’re on the fence about which custodian to go with. UDirect is simply a smart choice, because it is a leader in educating their clients, offering hassle free & expeditious transactions, all while still saving you in costs & fees.
Catch more of Kaaren Hall here:
- Top 3 reasons to short sale your home vs deed in lieu of foreclosure
- Catching up with Habitat for HERMANity
- Yet another lending opportunity…
- Seller Financing Residential Short Sales in Las Vegas
- To Syndicate a commercial real estate deal…or not?
- Commercial Real Estate Lending
- Fridays = Business Journal Day for your local real estate updates!
- Social Media nuggets for your (commercial) real estate business!
- A spooktacular Halloween MEGA weekend
- Mega Conference – Chicago 2011